Many people that deal with the chronic, debilitating pain from health conditions like fibromyalgia also have to cope with a daily dosage of prescription medications and the dangerous side effects that come along with such substances.
These medications fall into 5 separate categories, but, what works for one person may not work for another. Prescription drugs, at the very most, can be a decent temporary solution, while long term drug use will typically cause irreparable damage to your body.
While the majority of these medications are not made specifically for treating fibromyalgia, the following medications are typically prescribed to fibromyalgia patients:
- Pain relievers – Pain is the main symptom of this condition, and pain medications are often used as a way to control pain levels.
- Antidepressants – Not only are many patients also dealing with depression, but getting sleep is frequently an issue as well. These drugs might provide some help for both conditions.
- Anticonvulsants – Typically prescribed for seizures, these drugs provide pain relief from time to time. As a matter of fact, the FDA has approved Lyrica, which is an anticonvulsant, as a medication for fibromyalgia pain.
- Sleep aids – Getting sleep is hard for many fibromyalgia sufferers, but it’s necessary for proper pain processing. With this in mind, doctors frequently prescribe various sleeping pills to allow patients a good night’s rest.
- Narcolepsy medications – These drugs are used to help patients get deeper sleep at night time
Drug-Free Relief For Fibromyalgia Sufferers
Many people do not like the side effects associated with the powerful medications noted above. Additionally, all of these drugs only focus on fibromyalgia symptoms as opposed to helping the condition as a whole.
This is why many are turning to natural alternatives for fibromyalgia relief. With that said, not all alternatives are as equally effective. For instance, aromatherapy is one option that is frequently recommended.
The catch with this treatment, is that many patients become sensitive to strong smells. Thus, while this approach may have helped some in the past, for others it can trigger or even worsen symptoms.
Upper cervical chiropractic care on the other hand, is a safe and medication-free alternative that has helped countless patients around the globe.
Fibromyalgia cases and associated history of neck and head trauma.
Correction of an upper cervical misalignment is often the key for those who suffer with chronic pain from fibromyalgia. To this very day, we have not seen a fibromyalgia case that was not associated with a history of neck and head trauma.
For some time it has been suspected by experts that the most common cause of symptoms is a previous injury to the neck and head, a result of events like a car accident or other accidental injury.
If you or someone you know is suffering from fibromyalgia, especially if you have a history of head or neck trauma, we recommend you schedule an appointment with one of our doctors at our Dacula, Georgia office to get your pain-free life back!
We hope you’re finding our upper cervical chiropractic blog both informative and enjoyable! If you, or someone you know is suffering from a health issue that is stopping them from living a full and healthy life, we encourage you to consider upper cervical chiropractic care as a solution and make an appointment for our office in Dacula, Georgia.
Dr Nick Tedder is located in Dacula GA and services the communities of Atlanta, Auburn, Austell, Braselton, Buford, Cumming, Dacula, Duluth, Dunwoody, East Point, Flowery branch, Gainesville, Grayson, Hoschton, Hamilton Mill, Johns Creek, Lanier Islands, Lawrenceville, Lilburn, Norcross, Suwanee, and Winde
Leave a comment