Little Known Facts About Vertigo and Where to Find Relief
Those suffering from vertigo have described it as a sensation that everything seems to be spinning. It can be quite unsettling and cause one to miss out on a number of daily activities and important events. It is important to be educated about any condition one is dealing with. Therefore, we wanted to share some little-known facts about this condition and then talk about a way to cope with this condition.
5 vertigo facts:
- Vertigo can be caused by ear infections. Once the ear infection has cleared up, it should only take a day or two for this condition to subside. If it does not, there may be a different health problem causing it.
- When coping with vertigo, one may fall down. Referred to as a drop attack, severe vertigo can make one lose his balance and fall.
- Head position can be a cause of vertigo. This is one of the most common reasons for this condition and may occur when one sits or stands up too quickly or moves his head in a certain manner.
- Reduced blood flow to the brain can result in this condition. If the brain is not getting enough blood, then it is also not getting enough oxygen, and vertigo can be an end result.
- A misalignment in the upper neck can cause vertigo episodes. If the C1 is out of alignment, it can be hindering blood flow to the brain and putting the brainstem under stress, thereby leading to this condition.
Where to Find Help for this condition
Upper cervical chiropractors have seen much success in helping patients cope with this condition by focusing on the C1 vertebra and making sure it is properly aligned. We use a gentle method that does not require us to crack or pop the neck or spine. Rather, it is designed to encourage the neck bones to move back into their original position naturally. Once this is completed, proper blood flow can be restored, and the brainstem is relieved of pressure. This often reduces the symptoms of this condition. In some cases, it may go away for good.
Dr. Nick Tedder is a Vertigo Doctor who routinely helps this condition sufferers with Upper Cervical Chiropractic Care. His office is located in Dacula GA and services the greater Atlanta community including Auburn, Austell, Braselton, Buford, Cumming, Dacula, Duluth, Dunwoody, East Point, Flowery branch, Gainesville, Grayson, Hoschton, Hamilton Mill, Johns Creek, Lanier Islands Lawrenceville, Lilburn, Norcross, Suwanee, and Winder.